How does one success in Life?
Every one of us might have asked this question to ourselves at some of time in our lives and after 7 years of research and 500 interviews with successful people, Richard St. John, come up with this 8 secrets of success.
- Have passion:
Do it for love, not for money. As simple as that.
Because it doesn’t matter how much money you earn. You will always need more.
- Most of the people who changed the way we live, have done it because of the passion they had towards what they were doing. Steve Woz, who designed the first Apple computer; Einstein, who changed the way we perceive space and time, has done it because of their love they had for the work they were doing.
- Money is not a motivating factor. Money doesn’t thrill me or make me play better because there are benefits to being wealthy. I’m just happy with a ball at my feet. My motivation comes from playing the game I love. If I wasn’t paid to be a professional footballer I would willingly play for nothing — Lionel Messi
- Work hard:
Nothing comes on their own, without any hardwork.
- Elon Musk started learning programming before 10. He made his first game and sold it when he was 12. Bill Gates wrote it first BASIC program at the age of 13. They worked hard for years before becoming billionaires. They worked more even after becoming insanely rich. They started working hard from their early days to become a success over-night.
- I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion — Mohammad Ali
- Become Good at it:
To be successful put your nose down in something and get damn good at it.
- Instead of doing thousand things at once and becoming Jack of all trades and good at none, better become a world-class expert in one or two, where no one can replace you.
- I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. -Bruce Lee
- Single Focus:
It all has to do with focusing yourself to one thing.
Because you are only one. You have only one life and in this one life you have, you can’t be thousands people. Focus on one important thing.
- Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life — think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.
- Swami Vivekananda
- Push hard: Push yourself. Physically, mentally, you are gotta push, push, push. Push shyness and self doubt. It’s not always easy to push yourself, that’s why they invented mothers.
- My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.
- Michael Jordan
- Serve others:
It’s privilege to serve as a doctor. It’s privilege to serve as a soldier. It’s privilege parenting someone, to be a nice child. Serve others something of value.
- Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours. — Les Brown
- Have Ideas:
Listen, observe, be curious, ask questions, solve problems, and make connections.
- Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. — Eleanor Roosevelt
- No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
- Robin Williams
- Persist and don’t give up:
Persistence is the number one reason for our success. You got to persist through failure, persist through CRAP Criticism. Rejection .Assholes. Pressure.
- It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer. — Albert Einstein
- If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward. — Martin Luther King, Jr.